The Swedes sensationally lost in Baku. What bets played?
The Azerbaijan national team crushed Sweden in Group F with a score of 3-0. This outcome was the most unexpected, given the significantly high odds even for a regular Azerbaijan win – and then, a rout!
The match didn't impact the standings, yet the odds were at 1.43 for Sweden's victory, while Azerbaijan had odds ranging from 7.70 to 9.00. Any bet in favor of Azerbaijan was profitable given the outcome.
- Before the match, a +1 handicap for Azerbaijan had a good coefficient of 2.25.
- The 'Azerbaijan not to lose' option looked even more appealing at 2.91.
- Finally, the direct win for the hosts – at 7.70, even at 9.00 right before the game.
- Alongside, the total goals over 2.5 was at odds of 1.84.
The Swedes played one of their worst games in qualifying history: a significant loss against the 128th-ranked team in the FIFA rankings. Overall, it's worth noting the dismal qualifying campaign for the Scandinavian team.
- Read on: Another Italian footballer is suspected of illegal betting